I’m Kiran Acharya. The word Kiran means sunshine or ray.
First let me explain why The sea and me, when there are so many posts which have nothing to do with the sea, or me. When I started writing, all my early stories either involved the sea, or started at the shore. Even now, when I first see my characters, I see them enjoying the beach—their feet sinking into the fragile sand, face glowing with the warmth of the sun. I was born near the waters, and so is my writing.
More about me:
- The basics: I’m a dental surgeon, writer, dreamer, and philosopher.
- When I was around four years, I discovered a portal to another world under the pink stone bench near the park. Before I could explore further, my mom intervened. She grabbed me out by the collar, and dragged me home. Moms! They are responsible for many a lost portals. For two years that followed, I and my best friend investigated in vain for that portal.
- By the time, I reached my first std. I perfected the art of eating tiffin in class without getting caught.
- With great hopes, my mom enrolled me in a Bharat Natyam class. After enduring a whole year of dancing lessons, I had enough; I switched to Chinese Kick-boxing.
- I’m a planner. I think of infinite possibilities for every action, and plan every meticulous detail about my life.
- My ideal life would be amidst the lush greens with a good book, and a chocolate pastry. Nothing can lure me away from an interesting book, not even the most happening party, or the hottest guy unless you’re talking about Johnny Depp. In that case, the book can wait. 😛
If you liked the blog, do follow ‘The sea and me‘ and share it with your friends. You can also leave me feedback through the contact me section.
Dr. K.A. Acharya